Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What in the world have we been up to??

Things have been pretty exciting around here! We were happy to have Fred Ochieng staying with us for a week! He was in town for what was supposed to be some rest and relaxation (and, to an extent, it was) and also for another screening and fundraiser for the medical clinic in Lwala.

I hope to soon have the pictures from that night. It was wonderful! We had a great turn out and have so far raised about $5500 for the clinic! We are thrilled!
Margaret had us over one night. She cooked us a yummy dinner. Don't ask about the apple on Carson's head. ha ha!!

She also set us up to make caramel apples. For Ainsley and Fred, at least, it was a first!




Then the kids entertained us....




Here is one shot from the night after the screening. Again, no questions about why the kids are still up. I believe Fred thinks Ainsley's bedtime is sometime between 11:30 and midnight. Yikes!


Ainsley loved getting to spend some time with her friend again. I know Fred is already missed here!

We were so excited that James Nardella, executive director of Lwala Community Alliance, came into town for the screening. He stayed with us for a night, too. We both said we felt like we were old friends, although we met for the first time that day. Technology really does bring us closer!

Ainsley shot:

So, I feel like my extra part-time to full-time job is over for a while and I may be posting some more. But I will kinda miss the great feeling of being involved in the wonderful event and working with awesome people!

1 comment:

Renee said...

So, when is the next event? Can you do one in DC?