Thursday, January 21, 2010

A whole lotta baking goin' on!

Yes, sir! A *whole lot* of baking...that describes the scene in my kitchen a couple days before Christmas, when Margaret, Gayle and I (sporadically joined by Ainsley and Carson) made batch after batch of yummy cookies! Well, one batch was less yummy, but I get ahead of myself...


As you can see this was a multiple surface operation with a regular hand-held mixer going on one side and the kitchen aid on the other.

I know I shouldn't. BUT...I love cookie dough more than I love cookies. Not fake cookie dough, like in ice cream or something, but the real homemade stuff. No salmonella yet...knock on wood. But I do usually buy organic, cage-free eggs (ok, at the very least cage free!) and that somehow makes me feel safer about my eggs. You know, like they're healthier. If this doesn't seem logical to you, I ask you not to bring up logic where cookie dough is involved. Thank you very much.


She liked to reeeaaallly flatten those peanut butter cookies. Hey, they were yummy and simple!




Serious business! We made 5 different types, if I recall.


Okay, these were the fun to decorate, look festive, not so good to eat cookies. Of course, I veered off recipe a bit, which may explain it. But aren't those faces adorable?



So fun...part of me is already looking forward to Christmas again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful cooks you all are - everybody looked like they were having a great time. Thanks for sharing.

Mom

we4ramseys said...

How fun. I love baking during the holidays and winter months. I'm inspired by your late post to post some of my old stuff and get back on here.

Renee said...

Yum! Looks like a lot of fun.