Monday, May 21, 2012

My little faith

Yes, you read the title of that post correctly.  My faith is too small.  At Catalyst a couple weeks ago, I was struck by Jud Wilhite's statement that God is not at all intimidated by our big prayers, but is more likely annoyed by our small ones.  I didn't want to be one of those pesky thinkers annoying God with my small faith.

So...it seemed like a great idea to dedicate my upcoming (now here!) 40th birthday to a cause much bigger than myself.  And when I read Renee's plea for a doctor for Serving His Children at a cost of $15,000 a year, I was set. A rebel with a cause! 

Hmmm.....$15,000 for the doctor.  Should I try to raise $1000?  It was actually my first goal and I changed it thinking why don't I go for $1500.  That would be a whole 10% of the first year's salary--just from little ol' me and friends.  That's BIG, right?

Wrong!

As I write this update, it's 11:00 a.m. and our total donatations for Serving His Children currently stands at $3290!!

Two things I'm thinking at this point:
1)  I am so grateful for some very generous souls I know!  You have made me stop in my tracks and one of you literally made me almost choke as I saw your donation come through while I was taking a bite of bagel. 

2)  Sorry, God, for my small prayer requests. I know you're growing me here and I am getting used to being stretched in my faith. Thanks.

If this is all news to you, please read this post here.  And thank you!

No comments: