I'm very excited that our church and some people in our community are beginning to embrace celebrating Christmas in a way that is consistent with the true message of Jesus' love. At Preston Trail this season, we've been celebrating an "Upside Down" Christmas through having a "tinselectomy", whose name is based on the book Tinsel by Hank Stuever.
Please check out the tinselectomy page linked above. There are great ideas, both large and small. I know Mark and I have been able to participate in some and it feels so awesome. Now, I know many of you who read this blog, already do things consistent with tinselectomy often. But it is fun having a theme and intentionality to it this season. Also, the Facebook Fan page is open to everyone--if you have an idea, please share!
I hope this is something we do every year!
And, for the traditional? How about some shots of our Petunia decorating the tree?
No comments:
Post a Comment