Or is it just me that feels like my world is forever changed??
THE day has arrived.
In case you have no idea what has called for all the dramatics, let me tell you...
My BABY has started kindergarten!!
Look at the big girl with her big backpack!
In case, like others, you've wondered what in the world is making it look so big, here are the backpack contents:--Lunchbox (PBJ sandwich, yogurt, blueberries and raspberries, water in cool new Toy St0ry 3 bottle)
--Snack box for snack time (blueberries, raspberries and mini-grapes (sooo cute and yummy)}
--light jacket (in case they have to crank the air conditioner to high to combat the 106 degree heat in the forecast today)
--change of clothes (they also ask for everyone to keep one of these in their backpack)
Ready to go!

Almost there!

This is what it felt like....just like the look on her face...a little bit of a smile, but not too sure.
She was fine on the whole walk and going in the school, but I stopped on the threshold of her classroom to let her go in by herself. She turned around right there...her in the room, me in the hall...to give me a hug. And at that moment, I sensed her little body start to cry. Oh, my heart.

There was too much going on. Her teacher had already kindly and warmly greeted her and stood there waiting to help Ainsley put up her things. I just had to turn my sweet {sad} girl around and LET HER GO. Let her go...into her new room. Onto her next stage in life. Off on her independence-creating adventure.
Mark did step in and grab this shot when he could to show that Ainsley was really fine. Her sadness was very fleeting.
But mine?
It's gonna take me some time, y'all.

5 comments:
Nancy, I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. I am so glad that Ainsley had a great first day of school!
Nancy,
I feel your pain. Last year was a lot harder for me than I thought it would be. And I am already dreading the first day of school here again!
I'm glad that Ainsley is enjoying school though. Hang in there!
I would be bawling too, bawling! I hope she has a great day and everything goes well for both of you :)
My dear friend I love your tender, sentimental heart. I'm sure I would be feeling all of these same emotions were I dropping Evan off at school. For us we're just transitioning from casual homeschool to legitimate homeschool and I haven't thought much about the fact that my baby is school aged now. Hugs.
Hang in there, mama! You may feel like this all week!
Post a Comment