
Join in for some Christmas sharing. I just chose a few quick questions, so everyone could take time to share!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
2. Favorite Christmas movie?
3. Do you hang mistletoe?
4. One idea for keeping Christmas about Jesus birth?
5. Do you have a favorite decoration to bring out?
6. Something special your family does at Christmas?
7. Will it snow? Do you want it to??
Okay, here are my answers...
1. Definitely, hot chocolate. Who knows if I would actually love egg nog? With those ingredients, I have no desire to find out.
2. No awards for originality here, but I LOVE It's a Wonderful Life. Laugh and cry every time.
3. No. Should I, Mark? ;)
4. Reading! Reading the birth story in the Bible and reading other books and devotionals about the meaning of Christmas. We love to read lots of Christmas books, anyway, both serious and silly!
5. Definitely our nativity scene. A favorite wedding gift we get to use year after year. We added a couple pieces to it just this year.
6. Right now, while Santa is still visiting us, we not only put out milk and cookies for him, but we also anxiously wake up to read the thank you note he left along with the presents!
7. We hope so! It did last year. Yes, snow at Christmas is special!
Now it's your turn! I'd love to hear from you!
4 comments:
1. Hot chocolate with marshmellows
2. Prefer old kind of TV Family Christmas shows like Perry Como and Andy Williams
3. No - I kiss anytime, anywhere I can get away with it.
4. Prayer - think of gift giving as celebrating His Birthday.
5. Children made ornaments, but gave most to them when they became parents.
6. Open gifts one at a time so all can share in joy.
7. No snow please - have to drive now to Frisco and/or McKinney.
Must add this note: Could listen to Christmas Carols all year long.
Love, Mom
1. Hot chocolate
2. Prep & Landing, new Pixar and Disney TV special from last year. Only 1/2 hour, but PACKED with goodness! I highly recommend it.
3. Nope
4. We read the Christmas story from the Bible Christmas morning. I also try and use decorations that point to Jesus - I don't use Santas. A lot of nativities...
5. I LOVE our German Pyramid. I also have some German woodcarved nativities that are very special (a little newer but beautiful and packed with good memories.) This is cheating, but we also love decorating our tree with all the old ornaments, some from childhood, others collected over the years. Lots of fun memories.
6. Make homemade potato sausage for Christmas morning.
7. Snow...I think yes, I would like yes, but not to the quantity of last year.
Love you,
j
1. Hot chocolate - for sure. Preferably with some Peppermint Schnapps added... :-)
2. Little Drummer Boy and the classic Christmas cartoons: Rudolph, A Year Without Santa, Santa Claus, Frosty.
3. No - where would I even get it if I wanted any? My dad used to climb trees and pick it, then sell it wrapped in ribbon for extra Christmas money when he was a kid.
4. The first decorations that come out are our nativities. We have a large pile of children's books about Jesus' birth to read all month; and, our Jesus centered advent box.
5. German pyramid with nativity in center; olive wood nativity; blown glass ornaments, and kid-made ornaments and pictures drawn.
6. Christmas sugar cookies; gingerbread house; Christmas carols; reading the Christmas story on Christmas Eve.
7. Snow? Yes, Yes, Yes!!! The more the better.
1. Love both, had neither this year.
2. The Polar Express (love the music!)
3.No misteltoe
4. We sang Christmas carols at bedtime and read the first 25 stories in the Jesus storybook Bible as advent reading.
5. First decoration is always the Nativity Scene and favorite are my four foot giant stockings
6. Christmas 2011 we are planning on hosting a giant Operation Christmas Child party
7. So happy to be in San Diego for Christmas and miss all of the Boston snow!
Post a Comment