It seems some things just aren't getting done, but I am taking time out to enjoy some really special times with Ainsley. I am starting to catch a glimpse of the truly fleeting time that is childhood. I've gone a couple times recently to pick her up and surprised her with an hour's trip to a playground. It's best when I find a brand new one she's never been to before. It's precious time, whether I'm out on the play equipment joining in or sitting on the bench letting her amaze me.
These are challenging times, too. She's in a bigger school, discovering her independence and still testing boundaries. Well, at least at home with us. At school she is almost the perfect student, so well behaved and loved by her teachers, whom she also loves! I am grateful for that.
And the year goes on and here it is Christmas time. I'm enjoying it and looking forward to all the Christmas celebrations and meaningful moments. And here is the result of this yearly tradition, the annual picture with Santa:
Requested: a cast (like her classmate had for a broken arm) or pixie dust so she can really fly or a drum set. You know, the usual. Oh, my!
1 comment:
Some days when Wesley is working on his homework or reading to me I think about you. I think it would be challenging to start back to work (even at job you love) with a kindergarten. I keep telling Chris that I don't think it is just having an infant and working part-time that is taking up so much time but it is also picking up Wesley from school,doing homework, and getting dinner ready. There just isn't as much time as there used to be when he was in preschool. But at the same time there are some really sweet and precious moments to be treasured.
Post a Comment