Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Real Life Princess Tale!

Daddy Daughter Dance day (year 4 for the Powells) included Ainsley getting a long overdue hair-trimming. Because it was so overdue, though, it was more like a cut of 4+ inches.


We've all been looking forward to this date for weeks. We were shopping with Nana and Gramps Fuzz while they were visiting and we found a perfect purple and silver dress! Daddy even found a tie that matched perfectly.


Somehow between the haircut, not using hairspray and using 3 different methods of hair curling tools, her hair actually stayed pretty curly this year!

This is how a princess gets ready. Someone curls her hair while someone else brings her chocolate milk with a straw (so she can't spill on her fancy new dress!)





Are we not done with my hair yet??




Finally, the princess is ready and gets to pose with her Prince Charming, a.k.a. Daddy!




They were ready to have a grand time at the ball!




I love how her little fingers stick out in this shot above. :)





Oops...Prince needs to help adjust the tiara.





And is rewarded with a happy hug!





Such a beauty! We always stress, though, that it's so much more important to be beautiful on the inside than the outside . Although, when I said that today, I got them reversed. Ainsley laughed at me and Mark noticed, too. Oops. I corrected myself and then explained to her a new phrase, "Beauty is as beauty does." It's simpler and less likely for me to get any words out of order. ;)








She still loves to give herself bunny ears. She's unique....






Mama sneaks in for a quick reminder of ourselves being together on this special day, too.




But today....it's really about these two.



And that's perfectly fine with me. A girl should know how much her daddy (and her Daddy) are there for her and love her. And should learn from them how to be treated as a treasure.



Dear God, imprint this kind of cherishing on her heart, just as he places the kiss on her cheek.


Let her know her value because some places she'll go in life...just like the dance...will declare:


And she'll have to choose friends and confidants.



She'll have to choose her own roads (that won't all be nearly so precious or so safe as her Candyland paths)

Thank You for these amazing years and innocent joys!



Pure Sweetness!




And such fond memories to look back upon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story. I can see where she got her beauty - inside and out.

Love, Mom

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

Such precious days!!

we4ramseys said...

Oh Nancy! She is such a beauty, inside and out, already. The pictures are beautiful, but not nearly as much as your sentiments.

I think Rachel is old enough for one of these now. I'll have to see if I can find one for she and Barry.