Today begins Lent. And so begins Blood:Water Mission's "40 Days of Water" in which yours truly will not be participating this year.
My excuses, in no particular order, are...
1. I have a kindergartener! Now, I'm having to get up early all the time. I need coffee.
2. I have a job now. I love it, but I still have to often be at early (or late) meetings and...you guessed it, I need coffee.
3. Well, I love coffee.
This is pretty pathetic, I know. I love Blood:Water Mission and their organization is one of the first that began opening my eyes into what I consider this newer chapter of my life. I'm grateful and I want to support them. {And I want to sacrifice and live in solidarity with Africans who don't have clean water. But, still....I'm going to drink coffee this Lenten season. I don't know what that all says about my tough-get-going-when-the-going-gets-toughness, but there it is.}
So, you could do me a huge favor in the guilt assuagement department by doing one of two things (or both, of course!)
1. Become a new follower of Blood:Water Mission on Facebook.
2. Donate $10 toward their work this Lent. You can do that at their website here.
My life thanks you. And so does Mark. And Ainsley. :)
1 comment:
Got it girl. I'm going to skip the 40 days of water myself this year. I think it may be easier to just donate the money I would have saved. I know that's not the point, but still. Lately I'm needing to have my coffee every morning. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment