We got there on Monday night in time to go to the pool (first trip of 7!) and just stayed up late talking. Here is Ainsley's good night call to Daddy. :)
I was SO pleased with the hotel we stayed at. It was a new Best Western, was very clean, great pool area, inexpensive and we loved looking at this aquarium when we were coming or going.
We went to the zoo while there. I really think this is a great, nice-sized zoo, for what is not a huge town. They have great exhibits and also plenty of places for kids to play.
This giraffe is wanting to know who is staring at him! ;)
This slide goes right through the tank where the otters swim and play.
Pretty interesting bird, right....but wait...
It's HUGE! To be completely factual, that little guy to the right of it IS a miniature antelope of some kind, but still.
Near where the oranguatans play, there are ropes for wild animals of the human kind.
Cuteness.
Leaving the zoo after many great hours together.

Tried to seal the Parent of the Year award by taking her to a pizza and game place. We were really hungry and the pizza was pretty good. Games were okay.
Tried to seal the Parent of the Year award by taking her to a pizza and game place. We were really hungry and the pizza was pretty good. Games were okay.
I found out, upon returning home a couple days later, that one of our pastors was in town that night for a talk by one of my favorite authors! He didn't know I was in town or he would have called me--even he knows I love reading Don Miller--, so while he listened to Don, (oh, and Anne Lamott, by the way!) I was a couple miles away complaining of a helicopter ride eating tokens. I could be bitter, but....
5 comments:
You made a wonderful memory for her that is priceless. You can do that at any age. I still remember our trip in your little red convertible and Jose Luis "No Se Tu". Love you,
Mom
I am so happy that you and Ainsley are making precious memories together. She will always remember y'alls trip together. I can't (but I can!)wait to make memories with my daughter that she will remember!
Made me laugh that she slept in the hide a bed. I thought of you in that big comfy bed all by yourself and thought I SO WANT TO BE YOU.
I was so confused about the hide-a-bed comment, I had to look at the picture. The room indeed had two awesome beds--we each got our own. However, I took the bolster pillow and placed in over the little gap between the bed and side table, so she'd have a soft surface if she rolled that far. I realize that's what made it look like a couch bed. :)
What sweet days! Long after memories of the token-eating helicopter are gone, you and Ainsley will keep the fond memories of your time together. What a great time! How blessed she is to have you as her Mom!
Post a Comment