Tuesday, September 6, 2011

All Dressed Up with Some Place to Go!

The Petunia on her way to a Broadway show!


As I mentioned in the last post, we spent a weekend in NYC this summer. Mark and I really enjoy spending a bit of time in the vibrant city and we hadn't been in many years. Additionally, it is very important to me to begin showing Ainsley much of the world. I really do plan on taking her (God-willing) to the far away and exotic places, but thought: Why not start with one of our very own cities? An amazing place with so much to offer young eyes and a sharp mind ready to take it all in. So, we decided to tack on a weekend in the Big Apple on our way up to spend a lovely week with family in Maine.


A weekend isn't much, but we sure took advantage of it to its fullest. I began calling it "Ainsley's introduction to New York weekend" and guess what?! I think they are friends for life!


Our show was taking place in the gorgeous New Amsterdam Theatre.

And what were we there to see?



Mary Poppins! And it was amazing--we all enjoyed it.


This is at intermission, with Ainsley modeling how Mary Poppins runs up the steps. That part really made an impression on her and she did it for several days after seeing the show. :)



S
So, walking around kinda late in NYC, what is there to experience for the whole family?
A NYC Pizzeria, of course!


We took our slices to go. And go. And go. We finally got there.

Ainsley is an absolute delight to travel with. I love that she is interested in new things, so flexible, can go all day, walk for hours at night on the same day in which she woke up early for a flight, and the list goes on. My life is so extremely blessed because of this young lady. And we all know her daddy feels the same. :)




1 comment:

thefarmerfiles said...

This was EXACTLY our mother-son date last summer in NYC for my son's sixth birthday! So fun!