Monday, September 5, 2011

Summer 2011 and Project 40

Well, here it is the "last weekend" of summer, by some definitions. Which is kind of confusing, because we started school two weeks ago around here and there are still a couple weeks to go before it's really the end of summer, equinoxically* speaking.

Anyhow, it is Labor Day! The celebrated end of summer. Take your last trip to the pool, put away the white shoes kind of end of summer. As I sit here, then, and look back....what a blessed summer it has been. I should have blogged about it. ;)

It seemed to be the summer of going places. We went to the lake one weekend to celebrate Father's Day. Then Mark took Ainsley down to Galveston for a last minute 4th of July trip, while I was beyond knee deep in Uganda planning. And, yeah...that is because in July I returned to Uganda. It was so wonderful to go back! That month Aunt Mimi and Uncle Brad took Ainsley to San Antonio for a Sea World trip and then as soon as I returned from Africa and caught up on work, we took a family vacation to New York City and Maine. And, yes, to say "goodbye" to summer, we spent a night of Labor Day weekend at a not-too-far hotel for a last hurrah! Did I ever blog about our family liking to travel?? :D

Official end or no, the season is definitely changing. School routines are settling in as are my somewhat-more-normal times at work. So, my attention and energy has turned to something much more domestic, which I am calling Project 40, the name I have given to a broad scope of home and life improvement projects around here. The name is really a double entendre. It first came about because I wanted to have certain things done before a particular birthday rolls around next May. I'm not saying my age, but I'll be older than 39 on my next celebration. ;) However, as I've gotten started and my natural ADD** has kicked in, it also stands for the approximate number of projects I have begun at the same time. For some of the simultaneous projects there is good reason and I can explain (and maybe I will, even, if I keep up blogging again!) but for others it's just what I do.

Anyway, it's good to be writing again and I hope to chronicle some parts of Project 40, so if you're patient or at all interested, stay tuned!

*not really a word as far as I know
** I'm not really diagnosed, I'm just sayin'

2 comments:

Renee said...

Come back to blogging! I want to see your 40 projects! And see more of you!

we4ramseys said...

I can't wait to see your Project 40 stuff, love how you've themed it. You're so cute.