Mary!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Frisco Snow Cone Lady
You know it's summer in Frisco when the Snow Cone Lady opens! This is a Frisco tradition that our family has happily adopted as one of our own. "Snow Cones?" I hear you ask, with just a tiny bit of disdain as you recall childhood treats of chunky ice, flavored in either sickeningly sweet grape, strawberry or peach and which either lost their flavor in the first couple bites or never had flavor until you had to eat a mound of plain, tasteless ice. No, no, my friend. Let me tell you about the Snow Cone Lady's treasures! First, the ice. It's not chunky. It is smooth with just enough texture to still crunch between your teeth. Second, the amount of syrup. Every bite is a delicious bite--the first and the last. And finally--the flavors! Oh, the flavors!! Let me tell you my favorites. I love wedding cake with cream. Imagine eating a piece of wedding cake, but suddenly it became a snow come. Yep, that's what it tastes like. I also have been enjoying the Silver Fox, which is vanilla and almond. Mark's favorites are Honeymooner's Delight (guava and passionfruit), Root Beer, and Rock n Roll (grape and strawberry). Ainsley orders each time by character (Cinderella, Tinkerbell, Spiderman). No, these aren't listed, but sweet Mary (the name of the Snow Cone Lady) doesn't miss a beat and makes them anyway! As you can tell, we love her. And so do lots of people as evidenced by her always long line. So, if you come to Frisco in the warm months, count on a treat!
The line is almost always at least this long.
I'm not sure which of us likes the snow cones more--me or Ainsley. She eats every bite of her small ($1.25) and I eat every bit of my large ($1.50).
Some of the flavors....
Thanks, Daddy, for taking us out for Snow Cones. Family Fun time!

Mary!
Mary!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
okay, maybe we can come once before we have to buy Lydia a plane ticket and then come back in the summer. Maybe I could fly by myself with the kids next summer.
Yes! That's what I love to hear! :) Yay, yay, yay!!
Post a Comment