Sunday, February 8, 2009

Daddy Daughter Dance

Ainsley and I got dressed up on Saturday to go to a very special "Ball" together -- the Daddy Daughter Dance. It was our first time going to a Ball, and we had a terrific time! Ainsley wore a sparkling, new, yellow dress that she said looked just like Disney's Princess Belle. While Belle surely must be beautiful, I thought Ainsley was one of the most beautiful princesses I have ever seen, and I was honored to escort her to the Ball as her Prince.

This was Ainsley's first time ever to have her hair curled, and momma did a very fine job. Ainsley was really excited about the unusual preparations (as you can see from the big smile in the picture below), to put on her fancy ball gown and dance shoes, and ride off with her prince to the ball.

We arrived to a grand ballroom filled with hundreds of other beautiful little princesses and their dads all dancing the day away -- balloon bouquets, candles, and large colorful butterflies added to the ambiance of the ballroom as we danced under the dimly lit chandeliers.

It was a very special time to spend together, and a wonderful adventure with such a lovely little princess!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is soooo beautiful and acted like such a little lady in her fancy dress.

Also, really enjoying my roses, too. They are beautiful and smell heavenly - thanks for sharing - love you all,

Mam Ma

Renee said...

You both look great! What wonderful memories you are making for Ainsley.

Where was this ball?

Mark said...

Thanks, Renee. It was here in town. The local government's parks and recreation office does an impressive job setting up several dances over the course of the day for different age groups. They have it in the grand ballroom of one of the nicest hotels (they also do a mother and son dance at a different time of the year). It is a very popular event. This year, there were about 600 seats set for each dance with 4 dances (4-5 yo, 6-7 yo, 8-9 yo, and 10-12 yo). Each lasts 1 1/2 hours with a 30 minute reset in between. Ainsley and I attended the 4-5 year old dance (because, as Nancy says, her daddy couldn't wait until next year! :)

Paolo Avilla said...

Keep giving her flowers Mark - spoil her so that she will know how a man should treat her and accept no impostors. I have such great memories of my Dad spoiling me in that way. Up until I married D he sent me flowers on Valentine's Day.

Mark said...

Awesome advice! I love it. I am glad you have those wonderful memories. I will love for Ainsley to make as wise decisions as you! I will do my best to spoil her in all the right ways, and also teach her about the true Love that comes from a Father much greater than me. Thanks for sharing such special thoughts!

we4ramseys said...

Beautiful! Mark, you're a great dad; the spoiling does/will come naturally. What a wonderful tradition to start with her.

Mark said...

Thanks, Michele! I hope we get to go to the ball for many more years, God willing.

And Mam Ma -- thanks for your comment earlier. Ainsley sure had fun getting all dressed up again on Sunday to come celebrate your birthday with you! Enjoy the roses. Ainsley also loved smelling them!

Laura said...

That little girl is too cute!! You both look so nice together.

Anonymous said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! Kudos to you, Mark for being a great dad!