Ha ha--this post is heavier on the cute pics of Ainsley and her cousins rock climbing than it is on the details of the event. :) The event did go very well. I'm so grateful to so many people who helped out, who came, and who otherwise have spread the word about
The Earth Expedition or it's mission.
If you want to read the article that our local reporter wrote about the event,
you can read it here. There is also a video of the whole presentation--I don't know if you'd really be interested in seeing the whole thing in that format, but I do encourage you to scroll below the video and read the article. :)

Since the event was held at a rock climbing gym, then that's what some people did. The kidlets seemed to really love it....



I had to include this next picture for my own recorded history. It's such a good example (rarely recorded by photo) of the face Ainsley makes when she is hurt or scared but refuses, by sheer force of will, to cry. She is so strong. In so many ways.

To back up a little bit, this is what Ainsley was doing when we first got there to set up. Bryan let her play his guitar! Daren and Bryan are completely enamored with Ainsley and the feelings are mutual. She really likes those guys!

Out front with a little Earth Expedition vehicle action.

Ainsley didn't wait to get harnessed up--she just started figuring out how to climb. That's my little monkey!

The crowd arriving, mingling and having some refreshments before the presentation began.

Now, at the end of the post, I'm welcoming everyone to the presentation. ha ha! So this is where you can go back up and read the article, if you want.
This was a busy but very rewarding time in our family's life! Many blessings!
3 comments:
Ainsley gets that refusal to cry from her Mother. I remember when you were in your early or not quite teens and I had got on you for something and you said " You are not going to make me cry! " It broke my heart and you got off easy. In fact, both kids look scared at first, Great job as Mommy and as activist. Love, Mam Ma
Great photos. It looks like the event went really well. I am so proud of you.
Thanks, Renee! :)
Nonny, that is so funny because now I will and do cry at everything. ha ha!
Post a Comment