Well, that's kind of a mis-nomer. Very little slumbering took place. But we all had a fabulous time! This weekend we invited Ainsley's cousins over to spend the night. After making merry, the kidlets settled down to a dinner of corned dogs (see, there they are again!) and apple slices. Then it was time for all sorts of crazy cavorting outside. They played in the pool and we made up various games that kept them running and jumping, with a grand idea to wear out their precious little bodies so they would all sleep. (Well, it sounded like a good plan.) They loved the games! They loved the popsicles...isn't this the life!?!
When it was almost dark, we came inside and put on pajamas. Then it was upstairs where the continuation of our great idea (again, it seemed like a great idea) was to occur. With sleeping bags and pillows arranged all over the floor of the media room, we put on The Little Mermaid, so the tired munchkins could drop off to dreamland one by one as they watched the movie. If you're laughing, you can stop now. :) Just kidding, it wasn't that bad. I can report that each child did sleep for at least a little while at some point in the night; those points just never overlapped. We let the kids get up for real once and for all about 7:15 and came downstairs for breakfast. We walked down to the park where, amazingly, the kids still had energy to play and climb. Young bodies are amazing. Mark and I feel very blessed that we not only get to see all of the kids on these special occasions, but also that we get to see them play with each other. They are so fun and their imaginations are just precious.
Lexi had to have won the award for cutest questions of the weekend. Here are a couple of them:
1) As she's about to go down the slide, "Hey, do you guys wanna see a slide show?"
2) After doing a great job hiding objects for the other cousins to find, "I'm so good at this. Do you think I could be the Easter Bunny when I grow up?"
Priceless.
5 comments:
I love the energy you guys must have had to take the kids to the park the next day!! Thanks againg for talking our kiddos -- we had a great break and they had an awesome time.
Can't believe about the Easter Bunny comment -- I always tell Lexi that she can be whatever she wants to me once she grows up -- I guess she takes me a little too literally!
You are so welcome! You know it is our pleasure and we did take naps later. :) Can't wait to see your new 'do! How do you like it?
Love Lexi's comments. Looks like a great time!
those are great pics. thanks so much for taking them on! okay - the last picture of Carson makes him look mal-nourished with his ribs showing - but we do feed him!!!
They are all so precious -- love Lexi's comments. They all looked
like they are having a great time.
Nancy and Mark - kudos to you. I
couldn't do it.
See ya Tuesday,
Love, Mom
Post a Comment