Monday, August 4, 2008

One weekend, Two parties

Saturday morning, Ainsley and her "friends" had a tea party. It was the first time I got down the real china for Ainsley to play with. Don't worry, this set was so inexpensive that the toy sets probably cost more! The tea party basically consisted of Ainsley constantly going back to her room for another friend. When I had convinced her there were enough friends and she should sit down and enjoy the tea, then she came up with getting bibs for her friends. I don't think she stayed still for 60 seconds the whole time. Oh, well, we had fun!




Sunday's party was the first birthday of Sarah, the daughter of Jim and Gayla, who has been a dearest friend for, let's see...29 years! Gayla and I attended many a birthday party for each other and I love that we can now watch each other's children grow up. Indeed we are so blessed.
The blue-eyed crew.

Isn't she a doll?!
I've attended a fair number of first birthday parties by now...let me tell you, Sarah really went for the cake with gusto. Only to be rivaled, I believe, with Lydia (my friend Renee's daughter) and her first birthday cake! Anyway, she was adorable and hilarious and all those things that really make these moments precious!
Well, I have an opportunity for a shameless flashback to Ainsley's first birthday party. What a joy that day was for all of us, too.
Okay, back to yesterday...here is Gayla cracking up when she turned the cake around and realized just how much Sarah had actually managed to eat!


Another blessing about being friends with people you grew up with is that all your family is friends with them, too. So, here is Ainsley getting to hang out with Mamaw and her Aunt Mimi at the party.

Carson and Ainsley got to play together at the party, too!


Remember to go ahead and register for a google id so you can leave a comment on comment contest day (see last post.)

3 comments:

Renee said...

Looks like a fun weekend.

Maybe we will visit you again right before Lydia turns two so you make her another beautiful cake. ; )

Michelle said...

I found your blog from your comment, then had to run off to tend to my younger kids. John (7) found it and really enjoyed all the pictures, although I think his favorite is the one at the top with the tea party. This whole blog thing is new to me, I was impressed to see you have multiple blogs running!

margaret said...

love the pics - so cute.