Yesterday was Ainsley's first gymnastic lesson! She had, along with tens of thousands of young girls, I'm sure, been enamored and caught up in the Olympic spirit and story of Nastia, Shawn, and the rest of the U.S. team. Mam Ma told me to get her into gymnastics lessons! I waited a little while...I wanted her to be a few months older before she was in any formal lessons and I wanted to make sure this wasn't a passing fancy.
As 2009 began, I asked her if she would like to take dance lessons ("like a ballerina!") or gymnastics lessons ("like a flippy girl!"). There was no doubt in her mind--she wanted to take gymnastics!
Below, she is practicing a handstand! :)
This next one is one of the ver first exercises she did. I was so impressed with the lessons and how they were all kept moving the whole time. Virtually the whole time they were "doing" something as opposed to waiting for a turn. I just didn't really know what to expect, and I was pleased.
I love this next video because as Ainsley finishes her flip over the bar, you can see the huge grin on her face!! Love her!
As a proud mama, I have to add the following: Her teacher came out at the end of the lesson to introduce herself to me and asked if Ainsley had been in lessons before. She couldn't believe that she had not, because she said she was so good! Oh, what a delight to a mama's ears. But the most important thing? Ainsley LOVED it and can't wait to go back! xoxox
6 comments:
Looks like fun. This morning, I signed Wesley and Lydia up for gymnastics. I have to participate with Lydia since she will only be (almost)two. Wesley's class is very similar to Ainsley's. We skipped the fall semester and he really missed it. I asked him this morning, would you rather do gymnastics or soccer? He said, "Soccer!" The gymnastics class is just more fun at this age.
Good job,Ainsley! Keep up the good work!
She looks the part - loved the leotard. I have fond memories of taking gymnastics for a little while as a young girl. How fun.
Yah for Ainsley the flippy girl!!
She is SO cute! I'm impressed by the facility where you're taking her. I signed Evan up for some sort of tumbling/gymnastics class that will start in the next week or so. I hope he likes it. He'll also be taking swimming at the same time.
Thanks, you guys! I forgot to mention that this is the gym where Nastia Liukin and Carly Patterson trained, so I guess it should be pretty good. ha!
Post a Comment