Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's A First: Iceskating

This weekend we took Ainsley skating for the first time! It had been a long time since either Mark or I had been on the ice as well, so I am very happy--and a little surprised--to report that there were no falls!

I used to go skating a lot, especially in my Japan days. I just loved it! Ainsley's cousin Lexi, who is 5, loves skating and we will be taking her out skating soon, as part of her Christmas present. I think it's good Mark and I had this little practice under our belts before we venture out with two kids. :)


June, do you remember that time in Japan that we had the ice rink all to ourselves?? (If you've ever been anywhere in Japan, you realize, this is a miracle!) We were there right at opening and we took turns giving each other time on the ice *completely alone*. What a marvelous and surreal experience that was. Happy memories!

Who knows, maybe ice-skating will end up being a hobby all of us can enjoy together--although that remains to be seen! We all had a good time, though and it's glorious seeing Ainsley experience these new adventures for her first time.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great activity. Good family fun -

love, Mam Ma

Anonymous said...

I love iceskating too! She is really good at it!

Renee said...

Chris has been wanting to Wesley. I am probably too clutzy to go with him.

I am glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

so fun. I spend 6 hours a week at the rink for my kids figure skating lessons... at least lots of my friends have kids in too and we get to drink coffee and visit while watching them!

we4ramseys said...

That looks SO fun! I used to roller skate a lot but have never, ever been on ice. I'm so ashamed to admit it. In fact, it doesn't make any sense that I don't snow ski or ice skate as much as I LOVE snow and cold weather. Hm. It's another one of those "in another life I would" things.