Thursday, March 26, 2009

Saturday: A Day for Fun!

Saturday, Fred joined us at the hotel for breakfast, then we headed out to the zoo. Almost right across the street from our hotel, we got to catch the handy metro, which Ainsley loved. After a couple stops, she told Mark, "Oh, yeah, I forgot we are going to the zoo! I thought we were just going to ride the train and go back to the hotel!" So precious...if only she were always that easily entertained. ha!

Ainsley and Fred got along great. He kept offering to carry her and if Mark picked her up, sometimes she said, "I want to ride on Fred." !!


It was a gorgeous day at the zoo! We really could not have asked for better weather the whole time we were in Houston. I know H-town has a rep for being muggy, but it was warm, dry and with a cool breeze. God was taking care of the smallest details of our trip. Thank You!



Sno-cone break!


The zoo was kind of crowded (I mean, it was spring break for a lot of Texans) but Ainsley had access to great views! :)




This next picture with the amazing trees was taken just inside the Rice University campus.


That night, it was off to a soccer game, where we saw the Houston Dynamos play the Columbus Crew. Mark and Fred were very excited about this part of the day!!





Well, my camera battery died shortly after this shot. So, I'll just say that Sunday we slept in a little at the hotel--after getting up early to say goodbye to Fred who had to catch a plane--because we were all exhausted. Then we went to breakfast and headed out to the Houston Downtown Aquarium. It was fabulous! Besides the usual aquarium exhibits, there were two amazing white tigers there and they were active and eating. So fun! Also, we all rode their ferris wheel, which was Ainsley's first time in one. Happy, but tired, we made the drive home.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Ok, I am jealous that Fred got to hang out with you guys!

I heard a commercial for Houston this week that said the average year around temperature is 68.8. I would have thought that was the low temperature.

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

What a fantastic trip! It sounds like there was something for everyone, and you each will have your own special memories of your time in Houston!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

wow sounded like such a fun weekend! very cute pictures!!