Monday, May 25, 2009

C.V.S. (California Vacation Snippets): On some rides at Disneyland

In one of the many unexpected blessings of our trip, we got into Disneyland an hour earlier than normal opening called Magic hour. Only a couple areas are open, so we went straight back to Fantasyland. You wouldn't think the carousel would be such a big draw, since you can ride one in other places, but somehow it is. Perhaps it's the front-row view of a princess' castle that's the lure. Whatever the reason, it was our first ride of the day!


Dumbo was next!


This is called Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Like many of these cart rides in Fantasyland, it is dark inside, but with great theming. It's not supposed to be scary, but Ainsley was kind of scared of it. Nevertheless, we also took her on the Matterhorn. I want to keep her tough!



If you're curious about that big button I'm wearing, it says Happy Birthday, Nancy. We were there on my birthday and people were constantly telling me Happy Birthday!

Ainsley and I love the teacups. Early in the morning, just the two of us went on them. But they also ended up being our last ride of the night (on what was the last ride of the night for the teacups as well--we closed down the park!) and Mark went on with us the second time. :)


The following picture is from another ride I love! It's like you're in space helping Buzz Lightyear fight the aliens. The first time I rode with Ainsley and she got 2000 points and I got about 25,000. Mark, riding behind us, got over 148,000!! I went back to ride it by myself that night when Mark and Ainsley went to drive the cars. That time, I got 99,000 pts. Woo hoo!



Toy Story's Midway Mania might be my favorite ride of all! It's so fun--a 4-d ride!

And we had to go on this other under-the-sea themed carousel, where Ainsley could ride the otter. She loved the otters at the zoo earlier in the week--I'll eventually get pics up from that outing!
A couple other favorites were It's A Small World and the Winnie the Pooh ride. We rode each of those twice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy, you are just a big kid. You and Mark have as much fun as Ainsley. Wonderful.

Mom

Renee said...

You probably know this...The Winnie Pooh ride at WDW used to be Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

I love seeing all of your pictures.