Monday, May 4, 2009

Friend-Makin' Mondays -- Childhood Toys

Today's Friend-Making Mondays is being hosted by Amber. Go to her blog if you'd like to see how to participate. I saw my friend Renee participating in today's topic and it looked like fun!

5 Toys that remind you of your Childhood

Especially since my little girl just had her birthday party this weekend and is enjoying her new toys, it was fun to stop and think about what I loved to play with during my childhood!



Rollerskates and how I love the stoppers!




Atari's Jungle Hunt (but I thought it was called Pitfall!?) ; How I loved this game and was so good at it! One day (while in elementary) my dad came into my room to check on me and saw I was still up playing it. It was about 1:00 a.m. and I was about to get in trouble! Then he saw why I was still playing--I was on the same game as hours before with the highest score EVER! Instead of getting mad, he sat down next to me cheering me on until I finally lost. I had such a good daddy.
Barbie--love/hate relationship. I didn't like to play with them that much on my own, but they were popular so I played some with friends. I had some kind of house--don't even really remember which one. What frustrated me was keeping up with the accessories; having unmatched shoes, etc. I think it did something to my adult fashion psyche.


Of course, my sister and I rocked out on our matching Donnie and Marie Osmond microphones.


LOVED Easy Bake Oven and made lots of yummy stuff!


12 comments:

Amber Filkins said...

Great list!! Loved that jungle game on Atari!!

So nice to meet you!

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

Ah, I forgot the easy-bake oven! Awesome! All those Barbie shoes -- mine just always went barefoot!

Renee said...

I love hearing that story about your dad. I hope (and pray) that I will respond the same way in those type of situations.

Jessica said...

Easy Bake Ovens were the BEST for sure!

Anonymous said...

That really made me smile. I loved paperdolls - something you don't see much in these high tech days.

Love, Mom

Becca @ The Texas Darlings said...

What a great dad!! And I always wanted an easy bake oven, but mom said they were too messy!!! Bummer!

Have a great week!

~Becca

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

i loved roller skating! and i thought it was fun to put barbie's shoes on, haha! and atari, so fun! =) so cute of your dad to cheer for you even way past your bedtime!

Jenny said...

I wish I knew how to skate! Cool list.

Tanielle said...

Loved roller-skating!! Never was very good at it though!

Great list!

Have a wonderful night!

Kelli said...

I love that you have a picture of Pitfall and that your dad cheered you on! That's so great. Look at all of Barbie's shoes! Spoiled.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Loved the Easy Bake Oven and Barbie! I was never so good on the roller skates ;)

Lins said...

Oh those Barbie shoes! My poor Barbies never had a matching pair...one was always lost.

Great list!
Lins @ goodbyemartha.blogspot.com