So, we made the 1.5 hour drive from San Diego to just south of LA to play Chivas in their home stadium, the Home Depot Center.
The other?

The stadium was pretty out front. Also, we decided to be brave and have all of us go decked out in our D.C. gear despite the dedicated home fans.



I do not know how this happened (Mark claims it was totally unplanned) but we ended up on the front row exactly in front of where D.C. United did all their warmups. I couldn't believe the greatness of our seats. In this pic are the longtime stars of the team, Jaime Moreno and Ben Olsen, my homeboy.

I called out to Ben during warmups and got a wave. Not as great as sometimes, but hey, he was working...
This is one of my favorite parts of the game:

Ok, I'm joking about the above. :) Mark likes to tease me, too!
Ainsley has decided to remain a part of our family and love soccer herself. ha ha!!

Of course alternative entertainment helps. Mascots. Cotton candy. Giving her the camera and letting her take pictures...

Self portrait

It was a good game. D.C. came back at the very end to tie it which was a good result playing Chivas at home this year. They've been great!

After the game, we walked over to the section with the rest of the United fans. I got to meet Mr. Chang the owner of the team for the first time. I high-fived with Santino Quaranta, and then got totally checked out by rookie player Chris Pontius.
The stadium was pretty out front. Also, we decided to be brave and have all of us go decked out in our D.C. gear despite the dedicated home fans.
I do not know how this happened (Mark claims it was totally unplanned) but we ended up on the front row exactly in front of where D.C. United did all their warmups. I couldn't believe the greatness of our seats. In this pic are the longtime stars of the team, Jaime Moreno and Ben Olsen, my homeboy.
I called out to Ben during warmups and got a wave. Not as great as sometimes, but hey, he was working...
This is one of my favorite parts of the game:
Ok, I'm joking about the above. :) Mark likes to tease me, too!
Ainsley has decided to remain a part of our family and love soccer herself. ha ha!!
Of course alternative entertainment helps. Mascots. Cotton candy. Giving her the camera and letting her take pictures...
Self portrait
After the game, we walked over to the section with the rest of the United fans. I got to meet Mr. Chang the owner of the team for the first time. I high-fived with Santino Quaranta, and then got totally checked out by rookie player Chris Pontius.
10 comments:
These things could only happen to you and Mark. Great pictures.
Mom
Did you drag Ainsley to the team's hotel? Or did you and Mark not play the crazed groupies role this time?
Ha, ha, Renee! No, we were done at that point. However, another United fan that was on tv with us invited us back to the hotel party (I don't know if it was the team hotel, too, or just the fan hotel) and suggested that Ainsley could be our designated driver. ha! As it was we got back to San Diego after midnight!
What fun!!!! Why doesnt this adventure surprise me???
Uh, I think Ainsley has outgrown that carseat, girl!!!!
I love it!! Another MLS family! Of course I am a little confused at the support going to the DC United team??? Atleast it wasn't for Chivas!!! We are an FC Dallas family ourselves- had season tickets when we used to live there.
Being a soccer family, I think you will relate to my most recent post!!
Have a great Sunday!
~Becca
PS I was thinking the same thing as Jill; Ainsley looks a little tall for the roundabout. But it is easier to travel than one of the bigger Britax seats.
Yes, Nancy, Chris Pontius was so checking you out! At least, that's the way I choose to believe it happened.
Love you, Laura!! xoxox
You always see things the "right" way. LOL!!
Nancy, you are hilarious! Looks like a total blast.
Ainsley never had a chance but to adore soccer. As I see it, you both infect all those around you with the soccer bug - your enthusiasm is infectious. It looks like a truly fantastic trip.
Post a Comment