Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Birthday present came today!!

I'm not usually a specific present requester. Most of the time, I'll say I don't need anything and I'm genuinely grateful for anything. But....



....not this year!



I knew what I wanted months before my birthday! My favorite band released a new album this spring and, before its release, they made available 500 limited edition packages that would be unavailable after the release date. I told Mark this is what I wanted for my birthday and he thought it was a great idea. :)

We both checked the website regularly to see when the limited edition became available. I must have seen it within its first few hours and gotten one of the first ones. That was the good news....the bad news was that I had to wait for it for weeks after album release date because of all the extras being put in it.

And finally, today, it came! Woo Hoo!!!

It has been a long time since I've owned a vinyl album! I don't even have anything to play it on.

Among the other goodies are this oversized lyric booklet which is autographed by all the band. Lead singer Dan also wrote out a line to one of the songs. That rocks.


There is also a regular cd, of course. And a cd with overcuts and extras. And a dvd. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm soooo excited to see the footage.

And, finally, here is this little gem:


VIP access badge. Me and one other person get to go to the VIP meet and greet during one concert this year or next. They're not coming near Dallas on this tour, but I think Mark and I will make sure we hit up a tour next year. And re-live the memories!

Thanks for my present, Sweets!! xoxoxox

7 comments:

Mark said...

Hooray! You deserve it! Enjoy. :)

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Renee said...

Chris said that he would be happy to watch the kids for us to go see them if you want! But, maybe Mark wants to use the VIP pass. Well we could go see them and not use the pass.

Anonymous said...

Renee, Mark says you and I could use the pass in Virginia if we want. :) It's really your call if we go--it would be fun (especially with the pass!) but I am confident I'll see them soon, so....it's up to you!

We're so blessed with both our hubbys, that's for sure!

Paolo Avilla said...

What a fun birthday gift. You will have to report diligently about the joys of the VIP pass. The band should know you by first name now, yes?

we4ramseys said...

Awesome!

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

What an awesome present -- I'm so glad you were able to get it! Can't wait to here all about your VIP experience!