That is definitely the philosophy that some friends of mine have taken since we've moved from Virginia to Texas. Especially my friend, Renee and I.
We have managed to see each other at least a couple times a year and sometimes more, even though I moved away 3 1/2 years ago. I appreciate the investment of time and money that she and her whole family make to stay close to our family! When you find true dear friends, it's always worth it to stay connected!
So last Saturday, Ainsley and I flew into town for a visit. After dropping all my stuff, and my sweet Ainsley, off at their house (thank you so much Chris for watching the kids!), Renee and I were off to Richmond for a Jars of Clay concert.
Here is Renee and I with all the guys from Jars. The other girl standing with us is Jena, who is the executive director of Blood:Water Mission. It was so great to finally meet her in person, also!
Here's a little clip of their song "Closer" which I recorded for Ainsley because she really likes this song and can sing it quite well herself! =)
During the encore, they played "Worlds Apart. " This is one of the songs from their first album and listening to it helped make them my favorite band oh-so-many years ago.
As you might can see, it was a great show. They played almost everything from their new album and several favorites from throughout the years. We had a wonderful time!
And guess what!? The fun kept right on going. After church on Sunday, it was time to get ready for a party that Michele hosted. It was a good chance to get caught up with a few friends that I hadn't gotten to see in quite a while--and catch up with or meet their kids, in some cases, too!
Michele is truly a hostess extraordinaire!
Here are some of my favorite, thought-provoking lyrics:
All said and done I stand alone
Amongst remains of a life I should not own
It takes all I am to believe
In the mercy that covers me
Did you really have to die for me?
All I am for all you are
Because what I need and what I believe are worlds apart
If you're interested, click here for more of the lyrics of Worlds Apart.
As you might can see, it was a great show. They played almost everything from their new album and several favorites from throughout the years. We had a wonderful time!
And guess what!? The fun kept right on going. After church on Sunday, it was time to get ready for a party that Michele hosted. It was a good chance to get caught up with a few friends that I hadn't gotten to see in quite a while--and catch up with or meet their kids, in some cases, too!
Look at these yummy treats Renee made for the party! They are s'mores on a stick. And they were so good!! I think she made them for the kids, but luckily, Michele had popsicles for the kids and the adults chowed down on these s'mores.
6 comments:
great pictures - you can tell you had a great time. Good friends are so precious.
More pictures of Ainsley for Mam Ma, please.
Love, Mom
Thanks for sharing! I love all the pictures. I want to know where Michelle got that cute white dress. It is adorable!
I love getting together with friends from afar and catchin' up!! Happens every time we come back to Dallas for a visit. It looks like you had a wonderful time!
~Becca
Nancy, looks like such a great time. So glad you got to see your sweet friends and catch up with them. What a neat group of ladies you all are!
It was so fun hosting! I love it when Renee talks you into visiting. BTW, Jill, I got the dress at Gap, thanks for the compliment.
So fun! WOW had no idea you were in the JoC video!
Post a Comment