One day her adoring father arranged for her to be on the Dream Team, meaning she would get to go on to the field holding the hand of a soccer player during team introductions and the national anthem.
She was so excited. Especially when she got over her nerves after her parents clarified that she wasn't going to have to sing the national anthem, as she originally thought (and apparently still agreed to.)
The big day came and this little girl's family went to the stadium on a warm, sunny day, although there was a big storm in the forecast. After arriving, they did have to go inside the club as it started raining. Oh, no! But they remained hopeful.
Soon, however....
...their hope dissipated a bit.
Then, when the officials saw this going on outside...
7 comments:
Teach her the words of the anthem, know she would sing it, too. She is getting more beautiful -
Love, Mam Ma
What a cute post! LOL about her thinking she was going to sing for everyone. She was born to perform. What a cutie!
What a clever post. I liked the style. Also, what a cool opportunity for her. If she decides to play as she gets older, what a great cheer squad she will have
Awww....is that Kenny Cooper I see??? Lucky girl!! One of our favs!!
I always wanted the kids to be able to walk the players on the field- I think that is such a neat tradition.
So will you get to reschedule the experience????
~Becca
Yes, Becca, that's Kenny! He is soooo nice--especially to Ainsley--every time we run into him. I hope we get another chance!
Great post! I love the part about being nervous about performing the National Anthem, but being willing to do it anyway.... So Ainsley.
Oh, that's so cute! I'm sad that she didn't get to be on the Dream Team, but it looks like the evening was still a success!
Post a Comment