Wednesday, June 3, 2009

C.V.S.: I'm glad they let us back out (part 1)

Yep, I'm glad they let us all back out....


...of the ZOO, that is!

Add in Ainsley and the monkeys to the above and you can figure out how we were teasing her before we went. Bwa-ha-ha-ha! (that was my mean mommy laugh!)

(I've had some technical difficulties loading the pics for this post, so I'm going with what I've got and will add a couple other favorites later! The California posts are winding down!)

So, jumping right into the pics: WOW, the polar bears put on quite a show!
And they are so...big.

I really want to add a short video (one of several we took) of the polar bears in the other zoo post. We were fascinated and spent quite a while watching them. They were in my top 3 favorite of the day!
We rode these cool aerial cars.


Ainsley's favorite was the otters. Yes, they were cute and playful and we spent a lot of time there, too. Ainsley even named them "He likes me" and "Swimmer". I love her.


San D. Zoo says it's about so much more than just animal exhibits and that plant life is one of its other highlights. I agree!

The gorillas were incredible. I mean, gorillas always are, if you catch them being active and they were sooo active! It was just like spying on the interactions in a family. Watching the little boy gorilla acting all tough, including half-heartedly beating on his chest, toward another slightly larger boy gorilla and then running and standing behind his father. I'm not making this up, folks.


Creep me out! (This is for our friend Wesley!)

Cuteness in the petting zoo.
Until a goat kept trying to eat Ainsley's shirt.
While she was wearing it.

Gorgeous tree.


Interesting tree!


FUN
FUN day!

2 comments:

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

Oh my goodness, the Polar Bears are fantastic! The otters are my fave -- I kind of wish I could be an otter and just play in the water and have fun all the time. They have funny little personalities!

Thanks for sharing all those pics! It's the next best thing to getting to go on vacation! :-)

we4ramseys said...

I LOVE the San Diego Zoo! I'm so glad you got to go there. I remember it being so huge with so many things to see and do.