The castle looks so beautiful at night and I love the colors washing over it.
My prince tried to fix them....
But there was nothing that was going to work. Mark tried to convince me to go ahead and buy crocs, but that would mean buying something unplanned at full price, and it just wasn't gonna happen. I even tried to walk around on my broken shoe, but clearly something was going to have to be done. We went to the Emporium...the big shop on Main Street...and I saw that they had navy blue polka-dotted ballet flats on clearance for 40% off. Some of the dots are Mickey faces, but the pattern is somewhat subtle. They are really cute, so I got them. The problem was that I needed a 1/2 size that they didn't have, so I got the next size up and they're a bit too big. Within an hour I started getting blisters. Did Cinderella have these problems??
Back to the the castle and our princess:
This fountain is right behind the castle. You have to bend down at just the right angle for the crown to be on Cinderella's head. While we were there taking pictures and wondering what to do about my footwear, Pluto showed up!
Mark doesn't really appreciate spinning rides, but he wanted to ride the teacups with us this time as a family. What a trooper! After two rotations, he had to keep his eyes looking down for the rest of the ride.
We rode It's a Small World, which is a family favorite. Then the cars. I don't like the cars. But Mark and Ainsley do. :)
As we were taking our time strolling out, we got some pictures of the gorgeous castle and its reflection.
Has it really only been two days? Whew, no wonder I'm still worn out from the trip! Tomorrow we go to Epcot!
2 comments:
so sorry about your flip flops - will try to find some more like them -- what about that place in Grapevine Mills where we got Ainsley's?
Love the pictures and the stories with them.
Mam Ma
Great pics! Not that I am surprised given the award-winning nature of the picture taker. I feel your pain regarding the shoes - at the worst possible time that seems to happen, and your right, the fairy stories never talk about the blisters.
Post a Comment