Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I think my husband is a great photographer!

Since I have started blogging in addition to my other (currently neglected) hobby of scrapbooking, I have really had a chance to revisit some of Mark's photographs. And he is really good! I mean, I knew that already, but some of these pictures are really good.

It seems he has that rare ability to take good action shots, nature shots and people shots. He just has a good eye or whatever that natural talent is.

I decided for today's post that I would share some of his pictures with you all. Now, Mark might have different favorites or even say these aren't his best, but since this is my post, I'm choosing the ones that strike me and I hope you'll like them, too. You can click on any of the following pictures to enlarge them and some of them may be best appreciated that way. Enjoy!















Okay, this next one is exceptional because, in addition the cuties, he managed to get five kids to actually look his way! That's quite a feat!





The next two are the summertime night sky in Maine.











Isn't he good?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome, Mark! I have always thought you were a natural with the camera. Maybe you could shoot some pictures of all of us one day. Jill

My two cents said...

I know he is a great photographer. Told him back in DC, he should enter contests - should be one at Texas State Fair - I see a blue ribbon ---of course,
what great subjects --

Mother Nature, my Daughter and my Granddaughter - is there anything more beautiful? Love, Mam ma

Renee said...

Mark, great photos. Didn't you win a contest at the Arlington County fair?

I am so glad that you will be taking our vacation photos again this year! Can't wait!

we4ramseys said...

My favorite is the one of the soccer player squirting water on his neck. You're right, Nancy, he's a great photographer.

Renee said...

The one of the soccer player squirting the water on his neck looks like a poster.

Sally Brewer said...

Great images! That one of my family is one of my absolute favorite images of them! ;)

Paolo Avilla said...

I loved the sky shots. D and I have come to really love looking at the clouds and stars and appreciating the beauty of God's creation. The Maine ones were particularly good. I agree with the phalanx of others - I remember your prize winning photos from DC and if it isn't too much hassle, you should enter more of your photos, share your talent as it were. Thanks for sharing these.

Mark said...

Wow. You all are so nice. Thanks for the encouragement. My lovely wife is so kind to me to surprise me with a post about my pictures!

It's fun to see what the camera can do. I always enjoy taking pictures of family and friends, and the soccer and night shots were particular exciting for me because you have to play with many settings to make those come out well. I enjoy the challenge when I get a little time to try it out. I got lucky on a few. If you ever want to stop by, I'd be happy to drag out my 'ole blue ribbon photos from the Arlington (VA) County Fair! :)