This park is a little different, there are only a few rides, but there is great theming, some neat shows and atmosphere. One of the first things we did was watch Playhouse Disney stage show, where Ainsley had a front row seat to see some of her favorite Disney characters like Mickey, Minnie, Handy Manny, the Little Einsteins, Winnie the Pooh and more!
When we came out, Ainsley got to get her pic taken with Jojo and Goliath.

She also met and posed with Leo and Annie of the Little Einsteins and saw Handy Manny walk right by her. We went inside and caught up with the Sturgills. Ainsley and Lydia went to meet Mickey together and they were sooo cute! Even the cast member said so!


We ate lunch in the ABC Commisary and then split up with the Sturgills for a while. One of the main things we did during that time was see Beauty and the Beast live on stage. That is one of my favorite Disney movies. I saw it in the theaters when it first came out (I was in college!) and I've seen it portrayed on Disney on Ice. A few years ago I even got to see the Broadway show when it came to the Kennedy Center in D.C. I really like this show! :) So, this year I really wanted to see it at Disney and it was very good.
Then it was time for some rides. As I said, there aren't many rides here, but the ones that are here are great! Renee, Mark and I went on Tower of Terror together and it was so much fun! If we had time, I would have experienced it again. Then Mark and I got to ride Rock N Rollercoaster together. Wow! It is soooo fast. It goes from 0 to 60 mph in 2.8 seconds--what a takeoff!
Here we are relaxing and meeting up after the rides.

We had dinner at 50s Prime Time Cafe that night. Really cute place, decorated like rooms in a house from the 50s. The lobby was like a living room, dotted with black and white tvs. I'm sure the kids were wondering what they were! :)

I was happy to sit down at the bar and have a drink with Renee. We seemed to really need a little break that day!
Here are what the dining areas look like. Apparently they are pretty authentic because many items were recognized as being "just like the one in my home" by various people at our table.
When I got home, I weighed myself and was so glad to see that I weighed the same! I guess all the extra walking we did balance out the fact that I ate this kind of stuff every night:
You can see why I was glad just to maintain my weight!
After dinner, Mark, Ainsley and I went on one of the coolest Disney attractions: the new Toy Story Mania Midway ride. It was so much fun; we all loved it! Then we went on the Backlot Studios Tour, walked around a bunch and finally went and saw the first half of Fantasmic, the cool laser and fireworks show held on the water. We decided to leave a little early and actually beat the crowd out this time instead of the other way around. We ended the night with a visit to the hotel pool. A great day!
Our vacation is winding down...but we would get to go back to Epcot again tomorrow!
4 comments:
I'm so glad to read about your trip to WDW. I know I saw you there, but the time was so short I didn't get to hear about even half of these thrills. I wish, wish, wish we had gotten to hang out more!
I'm so behind this week I haven't had time to even upload all our photos on my computer yet, let alone blog.
I miss you. It is fun re-living last week through your blog.
I was just telling my dad about the Rockin Rollercoaster and how fast it goes. He said, "that's pretty quick but my race car goes faster than that. My race car goes 0 to 60 in about 1.4 seconds." Whew! I asked whether he goes that fast every time he races and he does. Wow. He said that's the fun part of racing. I love that ride.
Renee--I miss you, too!!
Michele--well, I miss you, too! :) And, about your dad...wow! Having done it in 2.8 seconds, I can't imagine getting up to that speed in half that time!
Post a Comment