Friday, October 10, 2008

Ainsley meets her own "Rock Star"!

Anyone that's read this blog for a little while knows that Ainsley is a big fan of gold-medal winning "flippy girl" Nastia Liukin. This week, Nastia made an appearance at our local Kroger--really, the one right around the corner that I shop at every week!--to debut and sign her Wheaties box. Ainsley knew we were going somewhere for a "surprise" that morning, but I didn't tell her where. Imagine the fussing and disappointment when I took her to the grocery store. ha ha! I said, "Trust Mommy!"

Yes, she was excited when she found out her real surprise! They should use this pic as an advertisement, she's so darn cute!
Ainsley now has a special cereal box that says "To Ainsley! (Heart) Nastia Liukin"
Pretty cool!
After waiting in line to meet her, I grabbed a few things at the store. I saw the line was tiny (less than 5 people) now, so we waited again so Ainsley could just talk to her without getting anything signed and the rushed efficiency that was the first go round. Ainsley told her that she was going to be her (and I clarified that Ainsley meant she is dressing as Nastia for Halloween!) Then they had a very cute conversation for a minute. Precious!
And Ainsley was very happy! So, we all managed within a week to see our own "Rock Stars"!

3 comments:

Renee said...

Rock on!

LOL about going to Kroger for a special surprise!

Anonymous said...

I know she was sooo excited! What a great treat. Good Job, Mom.

ps - now I need to see the pumpkin pics.

Love, Mam Ma

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to meet to meet your "Rock Star"!