A lot of you may know (and those who don't are about to find out, right?) about my love/hate relationship with STUFF. I grew up being a pack rat because of sentimental reasons, and because I thought it was practical to keep potentially useful things and because I just never really knew how to edit wisely. But I have long been at the point where the "stuff" is just weighing me down physically, mentally and emotionally. I'm ready to be free of it, but I still don't have wise editing skills. So, I'm going to force my own hand. I'm tricky that way!
What I'm going to do is celebrate November, the month of Thanksgiving, by giving away something every day of the month! Now, before you get too excited, I must let you know these aren't the shiny brand new giveaways of some blogs. Most of the items are just going to be my used things. Things I've loved and have hung on to for too long.
Definitely, the value will be in the eye of the beholder. While some dear readers may be fighting over an item or two (not really fighting, I hope!) other offers will very probably be met with the sound of *chirping crickets*. A few will be new things, actually; some may have people scratching their heads about my offering a particular item. In that case, I am probably offering it because I need to get rid of it and my offering it on here is my way to publicly announce I'm letting go. Whatever is not taken will be donated at the end of the month. There, I said it, so I can't keep this stuff no matter what!
I do hope that some people are able to find something they'd like or something useful in my totally random giveaways. But, more than that, I'm trying to make sure that I am owning my things and that they aren't owning me. I want to store up my treasures in heaven; not where thieves can steal and moth and rust can destroy.
My readers near and far can all participate, with the only caveat that if something is really heavy or costly to ship, that thing should either stay local or you can chip in for postage. However, I will take on the shipping of smaller or lighter items. Otherwise, all readers are encouraged to participate and tell me what it is they want. I guess I'll just give them to the first poster asking...is that fair? Do you guys have any thoughts on this before it officially begins on November 1? Thoughts other than "She's crazy!", I mean?
These pictures in this post are a few of our autumn decorations I've recently put out. I'm not a big time decorator, but do love to bring out a few seasonal things and get ready to have people over!
Fun stuff coming soon: Check back tomorrow for "7 Random Things about Nonny"! Yes, my cool (and a little wacky--it's true!) mom is participating! And this Friday, Flashback Friday returns with some old pictures of Nancy. Hint: after a couple days of searching I finally found those certain pictures that have been requested!!
4 comments:
Good for you and we get to benefit too, ha! When we moved my Hubby just wanted to throw random boxes out so we'd have less "junk"! Didn't happen, but we have been very good about getting rid of "stuff" too...both our Moms are super pack rats :)
oh and I will definitely put something on my blog about your secret santa for health! :)
I hope you find something(s) you like! And thanks a million for posting about the Secret Santa. You rock! =)
You crack me up: giving away your junk your blog! I am sure there will some good stuff in there!
Can't wait to see the photos. Can't wait to read Nonny's seven random things. I still haven't met her! (Or have I?, Maybe once???)
Post a Comment