Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hi, Mom!! "Seven Random Things about Nonny!"

Today's post is my mom (Nonny) sharing her random things about herself! Isn't that fun?? She is really an interesting person who has had some cool experiences in life. Oh, the things she could (and apparently is choosing to start to) tell about me! Ha ha!!

I'll tell one random fact about her and then get on with her list. Nonny is apparently very easy to talk to and befriend. Many a time, I've been out of state (or out of country) and had an old friend go by just to talk to and hang out with her. That's pretty cool.
Nonny and I
Copied and pasted, direct from her e-mail: Nonny's 7 Random Facts:

1. I loved paper dolls as a young girl. I still have a box of them now - bought them just for memories sake. Don't play with them, but will pass them on to Ainsley when she is older.

2. I also used to plan dances to music in my mind when traveling in the car...only beautiful music and it was ice skating moves...really weird, huh for a girl from Mississippi with no snow or ice.

3. I won state wide competitions for acting and if I had not fell in love with Jerry and decided to be a wife and Mother, would have gone into acting big time. Once, won a summer scholarship to Florida State Univ. in Shakespearean comedy, but folks would not let me go there alone.

4. Like my other daughter, wish I could sing. Am completely tone deaf, but sing gospel songs in my car along with Gaither Band CDs.

6. Say good morning and good night to my late husband everyday. Talk to him when I do things that would make him laugh or shake his head. He understood me so well. I do talk to God -- honestly, talk to everything - trees, strangers, especially little babies who always seem to understand what I am saying.

7. Love to play poker - no cash games. Will be in two tournaments next Monday. On the list of points which includes about 30 people - I am number two. More people play, but they have to be in top 16 remaining in a game to even score points.

Bonus thing - love to go crab fishing....haven't been since we lived in San Antonio and went down to Corpus Christi with friends - that is when Margaret got nickname - crab bait.

Ainsley loves her some Mamaw!!

Thanks for participating!!

1 comment:

Renee said...

I love it!! I am impressed with her poker skills. And I am also impressed with how well her daughters turned out!