My friend Seba hosted a party at his house Friday night. His house was absolutely amazing (more on that further down) and a fabulous place to hang out. Even our kiddos were invited and they had a great time, too. Mark and I weren't sure Ainsley was going to want to leave with us..
We managed to get several of us together for a picture!
Seba and I give a hug in front of the fireplace he brought back from an Italian castle. It is several centuries old, obviously. He has many things in his house that he had shipped over from Italy...furniture and doors from the 1400s and 1600s.
My cuties! None of my friends had met Ainsley yet and just a couple of them met Mark and that was in 1999 for my 5 year reunion!
Love the dining room! Centuries old table and chairs...
I just had to share this ceiling in the dining room. He found some people to custom make it and it took them 3 weeks to put the brick in. They are full bricks, too. It's really stunning.
This door is the oldest piece in the house, I believe. It is 1000 years old! It was the front door of a house in Tuscany and the hardware and key are original. Unbelievable.
Some friends live in the area, still; but other friends of ours flew in from Florida, New York and Illinois for this weekend! And several others drove up from Houston. It was really special. This is my friend Catherine who lives in Chicago.
Behind the pool area, there is a good bit of land and Ainsley had a great time.
Can you see why we thought she might not want to come home with us?
Seba even let the kids play on his drums!
We had a great time and didn't leave 'til after midnight. And Ainsley? Up and playing the whole time! She did fall asleep after just a few minutes in the car, but I'm telling you she's got our night owl genes and didn't want to miss a thing.
Next up...we got together Saturday for the Homecoming football game....
4 comments:
What a beautiful house! His table reminded me of yours. Glad you all had a great time.
Mom
Looks like you had a great time! I love homecoming weekends...wish my university were closer and I could go to mine! :)
Carrie
Wow! Looks like a fun evening. What a house!
I'm tickled to death that you left a comment on my blog and that now I've found yours. Woohoo!
Oh, and the comment? THE BEST! I laugh out loud just thinking about it!
I'll be back to visit your site!
Post a Comment