Wait, before we begin...to anyone who may be thinking, What!? Nancy was a model? I mean, she's not ugly, but she's not exactly, you know..... To those people I say, "I was young, very skinny, extremely charming (ask anyone! I'm kidding--calm down) and most importantly, these were the years in Japan where the "European look" was in vogue. I qualified. =)
Can you guess the international chain this advertisment was for? You are very likely to have one down the street from you...
Did you guess Dunkin D0nuts?
This next one was a little blurb in the magazine that was kind of like "meet the model" I didn't really say any of the things it said I did. It did however talk about how I sang out loud all the time, which was true. It also called me 12, but I was 14. See, don't believe your magazines!
For this picture, I was standing in the middle of a very busy street in Osaka, Japan while cars whizzed by on both sides. Oh, I was also standing on an old washing machine, turned on its side. The cameraman was laying down between the center stripes. Good times.

Ha, ha ha!! For this audition, I was told they would be looking for someone to look like Madonn@!! This is supposed to look like a record cover. Old school!
Ha, ha ha!! For this audition, I was told they would be looking for someone to look like Madonn@!! This is supposed to look like a record cover. Old school!
7 comments:
Yep. I am married to a beautiful international model! As beautiful now as she was then.
I love love love those pics. I tried to be a model like my big sis once - and went on one photo shoot and threw-up in the van leaving there. Guess I was not cut out for the biz like my big sis!
I agree with Mark...how sweet he is. I loved all the pictures. I got to go as her chaperone to Oysaka, on the bullet train and it was a wonderful experience. Dad and I were/are rather plain looking, but our girls are beautiful inside and out.
Love, Mom - let's see more
How fun to finally see them! They are great! Especially the Madonna look alike! Please post more next week! You are beautiful – now and then.
Hey, Nancy. Those were so fun to see again! It's been so long since I've seen them. You should definitely post more next week.
That is soo awesome! And so cute! I am so glad you shared these pics! You must have had so much fun! Can't wait to see more! :)
The thing I can't believe about them is that they really don't show how tiny you were. I guess that is our fashion faux pas of the 80's, big baggy clothes. The pics were awesome and I can't wait to seem more. That looks like it was a ton of fun.
Post a Comment