"Sure, sweetheart. Let's get the pool out!"
Monday, October 13, 2008
Pool party, anyone?
So, we told Ainsley it was Autumn, but that didn't stop her from asking to play in the pool this weekend. We talked about how we just carved a pumpkin, and that it will be getting colder out. That it is football season, and we might even make a big pot of chili while we watch the game next weekend. She continued, "Daddy, can I play in the pool today?" I thought, "hmmm, I am sure it is too cold today to play in the pool, being mid-October and all," so we stepped outside. "Daddy, can you get the pool out for me to play in?" she said. I thought, "hmmm... I am sure the water will be too cold coming out of the hose or something," holding dearly to the belief that has always held true in my life that October is too late for splashing around outside in the pool. But it sure did seem nice out -- mostly sunny and warming quickly as morning turned to afternoon. "Daddy. Pool, Daddy. Pleeeeeease!" So I checked the weather report just to prove wrong everything I was experiencing as the sun beat against my skin... sunny and 85 degrees for the next few days.
"Sure, sweetheart. Let's get the pool out!"




"Sure, sweetheart. Let's get the pool out!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Great post, Sweets! Your daughter is ADORABLE! ;-)
Me too! When October comes and the leaves begin to change I want to put my swim suit and shorts away and pull out my fall clothes. I almost resent warm October weather for getting in the way of my pumpkin-carving, sweater-wearing, cookie-baking, cool-weather fall. Leave it to our kiddies to bring us back to living in the moment.
I'm with you, Michele! But I am realizing that here in Texas "October" as I know it doesn't come until November! ;) Still, I am ready to drive out to the Shenandoah Valley and see the beautiful fall leaves on the mountains of Virginia! Enjoy it out there! We'll make the most of splashing around here until the rest of Fall shows up. :)
And now that I looked up your weather, I guess it's unusually warm in VA, too! Come on Fall! We're ready to enjoy you! :)
I love warm, even hot, weather. I don't need to get my sweaters out. I want hot weather and I want to continue to wear my shorts and t-shirts.
Move to Texas, Renee! I remember smiling on my first 70 degree February day. And there is plenty of HOT on each side of that.
What a great Mommy (and Daddy)! So cute!
Post a Comment